Dr.Jeffrey L. DeekeDVM
- Lake Park High School 1976
- Bachelor Degree of Science in Agriculture from The University of Illinois in 1980
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree from The University of Illinois in 1984
- Received the Edward Kuehn Award for Surgical Excellence in 1984
- Received the Consumers Research Council of America’s Top Veterinarians Award in 2007
- Bark Busters Certificate of Distinction and is currently on their National Veterinary Advisory Council
Dr. Jeffrey Deeke grew up on a family farm in Roselle, Illinois and as a youth developed a love for animals. After graduating from Lake Park High School, he attended the University of Illinois, graduating with a degree in Animal Sciences in 1980. He then enrolled at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine graduating with his doctorate in 1984. Initially Dr. Deeke considered working on farm animals, but with a young family decided to practice pet animal medicine.
After working as the chief veterinarian at Plainfield Animal Hospital, he decided to move home and opened the Animal Medical Center of Itasca in May of 1991. Since the animal hospital’s opening, Dr. Deeke has served as the Medical Director of the clinic and has mentored many younger veterinarians. His primary veterinarian interests are surgery, dentistry and behavioral medicine.
In Dr. Deeke’s free time, he enjoys traveling, grilling, maintaining his lawn/gardening, attending Chicago and University of Illinois sporting events and spending time with his family. He is an avid golfer and enjoys shotgun target shooting. He spends most of his time with his wonderful wife, children and now grandchildren.